Duration: 4 days; 22-25 October 2018
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define terminologies used in Business Continuity Management.
- Understand the roles of the Business Continuity planner and the executive management teams in the development, testing and maintenance of Business Continuity plans.
- Understand the Business Continuity Planning stages and their individual requirements.
- Apply effective Business Continuity or disaster recovery strategies.
- Understand the BOT BCM guidelines to banks.
- BCM Overview
- What is BCM.
- Drivers of BCM.
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery.
- Evolution of BCM.
- Examples of BCM practices.
- Why BCM is important.
- BCM standards, particularly ISO 22301-BCMS.
- Implementation process
- Defining objectives, Policies & Critical Success Factors.
- Coordinate and Organize/Manage the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Project and Overall BCP Process.
- Oversee the BCP process through Effective Control Methods & Change Management.
- Develop Project Plan & Budget.
- Define and Recommend Process Structure and Management.
- Manage the Project to Develop and Implement the BCP process.
- Risk Assessment & Controls
- Understand Loss Potentials and Organization’s exposure.
- Identify controls and safeguards to prevent the effect of the loss potential.
- Use appropriate Risk Assessment methodologies and Tools.
- Identify effectiveness of Controls and Safeguards.
- Risk Appetite
- Business Impact Analysis
- Identify Organization Functions.
- Identify Information and Resources.
- Identify and Defined Criticality Criteria.
- Conduct Analysis.
- Identify Interdependencies (internal & External to the organization).
- Define Recovery Objectives and Time frames.
- BIA report.
- Developing BCM Strategies
- Understanding available alternatives and advantages, disadvantages & Cost ranges.
- Assess suitability of alternative strategies.
- Cost benefit analysis of continuity strategies.
- Alternative site(s) and off-site storage.
- Develop & Implement BCPs
- Identify and define the format and structure of major plan components.
- Draft the plans.
- Define Business Continuity Procedures.
- Implement the plans.
- Exercising & Testing BCPs
- Types of tests.
- Awareness & Training programmes
- Types of Training Programs.
- BOT BCM Guidelines to banks.
Risk and Compliance/Officers, Operations Officers, ICT Personnel and Finance Officers.
The venue for the training will be at the Institute’s new offices, 5th floor, Faykat Tower, Plot No. 236, Ally Hassan Mwinyi Road, Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam next to Airtel Head Office.