Non- Performing Loans (NPLS)
Duration: 3 Days; 10-12 October 2018
- To collect and recover funds stuck into problem loans.
- To equip participants with alternative approaches to NPLs management and recovery structures.
- To enable participants understand different NPLs recovery strategies/techniques.
- Important role of SMEs in economic growth & development
- Comparative Approaches to Special Asset Management
- Comparative approaches
- International experience (macro-level)
- NPLs in Tanzania
- BOT Circular dated 19/2/2018
- Development of strategies to contain NPLs
- Current NPLs in banking system
- Special Asset Management & Recovery Process
- Loan Workout Steps & Strategies
- Property Management & Contracting
- Relates to the day-to-day management of a property or business enterprise taken over by a bank, requiring a heavy-reliance on contractors.
- Case Study
- Special Asset Marketing
- Converting NPLs, properties and business enterprises into cash through asset sales
- Special Asset Sales
- Negotiate and close the sale of NPLs, properties and business enterprises
- Alternative Special Asset Management & Recovery Structures
- Joint Venture-Asset Management Companies (JV-AMCs)
- Wholly-Owned Holding Companies
- Profit Participations
- Direct-Issuance of Asset-Backed Securities
Loan Recovery Officers / Relationship Managers, Compliance Officers, Senior Credit Officers, Credit Managers.
The venue for the training will be at the Institute’s new offices, 5th floor, Faykat Tower, Plot No. 236, Ally Hassan Mwinyi Road, Kinondoni, Dar es Salaam next to Airtel Head Office.